- Location: Corporate Headquarters
- Recruiter: Mary B
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Villara Building Systems, formerly Beutler Corporation, has been in business since 1947. Our mission is clear, provide all of the comforts of living to our customers. Through our state of the art installations and service of Heating and Air, Plumbing, Fire Sprinklers, Home Automation, and Solar systems we do this with dedication and pride every day. Our company has a strong vision to Build People who Build Trust. We look for dynamic individuals seeking an opportunity to be a part of our industry leading company.
With our growth, it is critical we add talented members to our team. We understand that finding the right people is the most important task in supporting our overall goals. At Villara, that is why we are looking for an Assistant Controller to lead that charge.
Under the leadership of the Controller, the Assistant Controller leads day-to-day accounting for Villara, including financial accounting, management accounting, payroll tax, sales/use tax, property tax, and information reporting requirements.
- Develop relationships with Finance and Business Operations team members, company managers and supervisors, other office staff, Controller, and Chief Financial Officer that create and support an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the month-end and year-end closing process for the company to meet all financial reporting deadlines while assuring timely completion of all other department tasks and projects. Contribute significantly hands-on to the closing process. Resolve operational problems as needed.
- Oversee the preparation of all monthly General Ledger account schedules, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Assist Controller in preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Prepare complex financial analyses and communicate results effectively to both financial and non-financial leaders and managers.
- Work closely with CPA's, banks, appraisers, and insurance companies to complete the company's annual financial statement audit, collateral examinations, appraisals, and policy audits throughout the year.
- Take a lead role in providing support to company managers and supervisors on financial issues and questions.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the company's accounting and financial reporting processes, increasing accuracy, quality, and ease of understanding, while reducing cost and time to close.