The Lead Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosis of HVAC Systems for residential and multi-family dwellings. While maintaining the standards and day to day activities of service technicians assigned to them. Basic computer skills will be require for data entry. Some calls and team responsibilities will be after hours so flexibility with schedule is essential for this position. Attention to detail is a must.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Maintain, diagnose and correct problems throughout the entire HVAC system.
- Perform all of the low voltage wiring for the indoor and outdoor unit
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment
- Start up the furnace for the first time to burn all of the manufactures oil off
- Add the proper charge to the A/C once started up
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and –water solution
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools
- Recommend, develop and perform general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts and changing filters.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer.
- Excellent communication skills with team members and home owners
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagram, using electrician’s hand tools
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves and dampers while following blueprints
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Join pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Fabricate, assemble and install duct work and chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment
- Initiates weekly “Quality/Control” checks on jobs underway in his/her team.
- Meets all labor budgets and initiates daily plans to keep within budget parameters.
- Ability to run two or more jobs
- HVAC Installer experience A+
- Minimum 10 years of HVAC Service experience
- EPA Refrigerant Certification (Universal or Type II)
- 1-2 years of Supervisory or Lead experience
- 3 year minimum of previous sales experience. A+
- Valid CA Driver’s License and Insurable DMV Record
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical knowledge, technical procedures, government regulations and codes
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Pay: $28.00 - $37.00 per hour