- Division: Finance
- Location: Corporate Headquarters 4700 Lang Ave McClellan, CA 95652
- Recruiter: Ebony S
- Email: email@example.com
The Finance team is seeking an ideal team player for the role of Sr Accountant, who will support the Controller in the day-to-day financial and management accounting for Villara.
- Develop relationships with Finance and Business Operations team members, company managers and supervisors, other office staff, Controller, and Chief Financial Officer that create and support an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
- Contribute significantly hands-on to the closing process, helping to ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare monthly General Ledger account schedules, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Reconcile and report on cash and payroll account balances, both daily and weekly.
- Work closely with CPA’s, banks, appraisers, and insurance companies to complete the company’s annual financial statement audit, collateral examinations, appraisals, and policy audits throughout the year.
- Prepare payroll tax, sales/use tax and property tax returns.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the company’s accounting and financial reporting processes, increasing accuracy, quality, and ease of understanding, while reducing cost and time to close.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting
- Proven effectiveness in financial and managerial accounting in a complex, fast-paced, dynamically growing, multi-site environment.
- Construction, manufacturing, and distribution experience are each strong pluses.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience working with SAP preferred.