- Division: Plumbing Multi-Family
- Location: San Jose
- Recruiter: Belinda H
- Email: email@example.com
HVAC Apartments Foreman
Reports To: Field Supervisor
Shift/Hours: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Under direct supervision of the Field Supervisor, an HVAC Apartments Foreman is responsible for all activities in the installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in residential apartment buildings. Installations will be up to code and Villara’s exceptional quality standards.
Technical Responsibilities of the Job
- Ensuring the timely and accurate completion and processing of all division forms and correspondence including: timecards, field reports, shop and material requisitions, short interval schedules, accident reports, reimbursement forms, vacation requests, daily job reports etc.
- Provide direct support to the Contractor while controlling overall company liabilities.
- Promote a positive reinforcement and support of Company and Division policies, goals, and directives to the field personnel.
- Assist the Field Supervisor in planning, organizing, projecting, and overall coordination of assigned projects.
- Promote a positive environment while interacting with other Divisions and Personnel.
- Assist in the implementation of the division standard work processes while making recommendations for improvement.
- Protect all company owned tools and equipment.
- Assume necessary responsibility for company owned tools and equipment.
- Promote a positive work environment while ensuring company’s overall goals and policies are adhered to.
- Manage and maintain company resources in a positive and efficient manner.
- Maintain approved budged task hours for assigned projects.
- Ensure the development and training of field personnel.
- Provide supporting documentation for current manpower needs in a timely manner.
- Complete and issue material and shop requisitions in a timely manner, ensuring the use of proper forms.
- Order all tools, materials, and equipment for assigned projects.
- Follow up with vendors, shop, and COP to ensure proper processing of all orders.
- Schedule the timely delivery of all tools, materials, and equipment for assigned projects.
- Ensure proper communication with COP and Purchasing to facilitate timely delivery of all materials and equipment to job.
- Maintain proper tracking and assignment of company tools.
- Receive materials ensuring all required correspondence is complete and returned to the office.
- Communicate with Estimators and Project Managers as to the project’s status and needs as required.
- Plan future manpower needs by the use of current scheduling i.e. short interval schedules.
- Maintain Daily Job Report.
- Initiates safety training and keeps field staff current on all safety issues.
- Ensure timely communication with subcontractors and other company divisions.
- Attend required “sub-contractor” meetings.
· Maintain adequate tracking and information for the production of “as-built” plans.
· Assist Field Supervisor in evaluation process.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Management.
Behavioral Responsibilities of the Job
- Reliable Transportation
- Problem solving and quick conflict resolution skills.
· Self-motivated, organized with a can-do attitude
· Demonstrate initiative to complete assignments and obtain results
· Able to work independently and as part of a changing team
· Committed to creating and participating in a positive workplace culture
· Capable of providing excellent internal and external customer interactions
· Able to remain calm and handle stress well
· Committed to arriving on time and ready to work
· Committed to follow safety procedures
· Appropriate time taken for rest and meal breaks
· Use of personal cell phones for emergency or while on rest and meal breaks only
· Directly supervises 3 to 25 employees for Apartment New Construction installations.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Self-leadership capabilities – the ability to lead yourself to meet your goals and those of the company
· Ability to lead from within the team, and to offer assistance and guidance to other team members
· Lead in the development of your own career with the assistance of the Skills Matrix and Dozuki Standard Work App
- A minimum of 10+ years of Apartment HVAC experience preferred
· Must be EPA Certified II
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Mechanical knowledge, technical procedures, and government regulations and codes.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License & insurable driving record
- Ability to read blueprint, charts, and designs
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in mathematical concepts such as basic algebra and geometry.